Strike. Drop. Auto-lock. With the SecureLatch™ from CURT, coupling is an easy three-step process.
Integrated into the SecureLatch™ pintle ball and hook combination is an automatic locking mechanism that secures the primary latch without any manual coupling required. Simply back your vehicle up to the lunette ring or coupler (the built-in striker plate helps stop and center the lunette ring), drop the ring down onto the ball and hook, and let the auto-locking latch do the rest! All you have to do after that is install the secondary safety pin.
By giving the SecureLatch™ a cupped design, CURT made it unique from other pintle hooks: instead of letting the ring slop with every acceleration, brake, and bump, the cupped hook holds the ring tighter fore and aft—resulting in smoother, quieter heavy-duty towing.
The 48407 SecureLatch™ ball and pintle combination is rated for 14,000 pounds gross trailer weight and 10,000 pounds ball capacity. It fits to a 2” coupler or a lunette ring with a 2 1/2” or 3” inside diameter and fits into any industry-standard 2” receiver. Its cast-iron construction features a premium dark-gray teridium powdercoat and is austempered for superior strength and wear resistance.
- Auto-locking system secures primary latch without manual coupling required.
- Cupped hook tightly holds lunette ring fore and aft to reduce chucking and noise.
- Built-in back plate helps position coupler or lunette ring for easier hookup.
- Integrated, intermediate safety chain hangers keep chains off the ground.
- Rated for 14,000 lb gross trailer weight and 10,000 lb ball capacity
- Fits trailer hitches with a 2” x 2” receiver tube opening
- Couples to 2” couplers or lunette rings with a 2 1/2” or 3” inside diameter
- Cast-iron is austempered for superior strength and wear resistance.
- Textured, dark-gray teridium finish for a premium look
- Bright-gold, zinc-plated hardware for lasting corrosion resistance
- Warranty: limited lifetime (1-year finish and parts)
Though this is not a paid review, this content has been produced by The AAM Group™ in support of manufacturers with whom it has a business relationship.