The powerful, compact, all-new Assure™ brake controller from CURT features a dynamic, 1 1/2” wide OLED screen that displays simple, concise, easy-to-read messages that facilitate straightforward trailer brake setup and operation. The screen also folds out to ensure a clear view no matter the mounting angle of the controller.
The Assure™ (CURT 51160) operates using a powerful triple-axis, motion-sensing accelerometer for smooth, safe braking every time. It also installs using a CURT Quick Plug harness (sold separately) for no-splice, plug-and-play convenience.
- Pressure-sensitive manual-override button for precise braking power
- Large, high-quality, 1 1/2″ OLED screen displays full text readout
- Sleek, low-profile design with tactile buttons
- Triple-axis, motion-sensing accelerometer for highly responsive, smooth stops
- Third axis provides dynamic power adjustments when going up or down a hill.
- Display can be tilted for different mounting options, above or below the dash.
- Diagnostic alerts notify of potential problems like low voltage or disconnect.
- User-selectable power output and trailer brake light activation
- Automatic leveling and calibration eliminate setup requirements.
- Mountable at any angle up or down in the vertical plane
- Nine levels of sensitivity adjustment for varying loads or driving conditions
- Auto sleep mode prevents battery drain.
- Plug-and-play install with vehicle-specific quick plug harness (sold separately)
- Operates 2–8 trailer brakes at a time (1–4 axles)
- Built-in reverse-polarity and short-circuit protection
- Compatible with low-voltage systems, PWM systems, ABS, and cruise control
- Warranty: limited lifetime
Though this is not a paid review, this content has been produced by The AAM Group™ in support of manufacturers with whom it has a business relationship.