With its innovative double-folding ramp, this trailer hitch cargo carrier from CURT helps you transport bigger items but stands half as tall when folded up for travel, reducing obstruction and drastically limiting wind drag. Built from black carbide powder-coated aluminum, the 18112 cargo carrier is perfect for hauling bulky items like lawn mowers, snow blowers, mobility scooters, or just stashing some extra camping gear.
CURT designed the versatile ramp to be the heart of the design: it folds out for easy loading; it folds in half for transport; and it can fold completely into the carrier itself to remain out of the way when not in use. The shank also folds up to facilitate vehicle parking and storage.
The hitch carrier is rated at 500 lb, leveraging fully welded tubes for dependable strength. It includes an anti-rattle hitch pin that won’t drive you crazy on the road and built-in reflectors to let other drivers know you’re there. The standard, folding 2” shank fits most class 3, 4, and 5 hitches, while the 50” x 30.5” x 4” basket has built-in eye bolts to fasten ratchet straps, a cargo net, or bungee cords.
- Fully welded aluminum
- Mounts to any 2” x 2” receiver tube
- Rated to carry up to 500 lb
- Carrier measures 50” x 30.5” x 4”
- Built-in ramp for easy loading of lawn mowers, scooters, and similar equipment
- Three-position, double-folding ramp sits half as high as other models in transport.
- Threaded anti-rattle shank
- Integrated eye bolts for attachment and security
- Built-in reflectors
- Warranty: limited lifetime
Though this is not a paid review, this content has been produced by The AAM Group™ in support of manufacturers with whom it has a business relationship.